Missing libavcodec library in ffmpeg port

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Mon Apr 16 20:21:18 PDT 2007

David Liontooth <liontooth at cogweb.net> on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 5:06
PM -0800 wrote:
>> A friend tells me I should be seeing this:
>>
>> /opt/local/lib/libavcodec.dylib -> libavcodec.dylib.51.9.0
>> /opt/local/lib/libavcodec.dylib.51.9.0
>>
>To be precise, according to /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/libavcodec.pc, the
>version missing is 51.16.0:
>
>prefix=/opt/local
>exec_prefix=${prefix}
>libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
>includedir=${prefix}/include
>
>Name: libavcodec
>Version: 51.16.0
>Requires:  ogg >= 1.1 libavutil = 49.0.1
>Conflicts:
>Libs: -L${libdir} -lavcodec  -lz -lmp3lame -logg -lxvidcore
>Cflags: -I${includedir} -I${includedir}/ffmpeg
>
>Any suggestions why this is not building?

The port is unmaintained so the only thing to do is to experiment.  The
latest svn rev is 8743, so 6399 is probably pretty old.  Also, the FreeBSD
port's configure args are quite a bit different.  Does that give any
clues?  You may also file a bug report but perhaps you can find the
problem and report so it can be fixed.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/multimedia/ffmpeg/Makefile?rev=1.59;content-type=text%2Fplain

Mark