Missing libavcodec library in ffmpeg port

David Liontooth liontooth at cogweb.net
Sun Apr 22 23:18:02 PDT 2007

Boey Maun Suang wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On 22/04/2007, at 05:02, David Liontooth wrote:
>
>> David Liontooth wrote:

>>> That makes sense, but if I leave them out I get this:
>>>
>>>     ERROR: LAME not found
>>>
>>> Same for xvid. It may be my environment is non-standard, but afaik I've
>>> followed the usual procedures.
>> Let me rephrase: what could be wrong with my build environment that
>> makes ./configure not see the relevant libraries?
>
> The problem is that MacPorts currently sets "-I/opt/local/include"
> only in CPPFLAGS, which is where it should properly go, but ffmpeg
> only looks at CFLAGS, so we need to add the contents of CPPFLAGS to
> CFLAGS to make ffmpeg happy; I'm sure that I've seen other packages
> that behave the same way.
Hi Maun Suang,

Thank you for the fix and the explanation; it is much appreciated. In
the case of the flag fix, it would be very useful if you could report
this to the ffmpeg-user list at
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user, since the
misbehavior appears to be general for the platform rather than being
MacPorts-specific.

Best,
Dave