Question about darwinports_fastload.tcl

Bernard Desgraupes bdesgraupes at orange.fr
Tue Apr 17 02:04:13 PDT 2007

Just out of curiosity, I've been poking my nose in the various Tcl
packages which implement the port command and the following condition
found at the end of darwinports_fastload.tcl (in
/Library/Tcl/darwinports1.0) strikes me as very odd

if { "/usr/lib/sqlite3" != "" } {
   set dir "/usr/lib/sqlite3"
   catch {source [file join $dir pkgIndex.tcl]}
}

Isn't it a typo ? I suppose the intended condition is rather something
like:
if { [file exists "/usr/lib/sqlite3"] && [file isdirectory
"/usr/lib/sqlite3"]} {
   set dir "/usr/lib/sqlite3"
   catch {source [file join $dir pkgIndex.tcl]}
}

cheers,
Bernard