installing old port version

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 21 13:59:38 PDT 2007

On Apr 21, 2007, at 14:22, Алексей Муранов wrote:

> is it possible to install an older version of a port, if the last
> one (installed the usual way) crashes?

Yes, but it takes a bit of effort:

- You could either look in the repository browser [1], find the
source of the old portfile that you want, download it, and overwrite
your local portfile for that port [2].

- Or you could use a Subversion working copy for your ports tree, and
use "svn up" to backdate a port to a previous version.

But this is all really not how MacPorts is designed to be used. The
intention is that there is one version of a port, it is the latest an
greatest, and if it does not work, then we need to fix it so that it
works. What port is crashing for you?

[1] http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports

[2] locate it with "port file foo"