Gnucash fails to install: configure dbus-glib failure

Bjorn Berg drbjornberg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 15:57:50 PDT 2007

Yep I tried the "sudo port upgrade outdated" and after 3 hours of minor
upgrades things fell apart, especially with gnome and lib... packages.
The install would hang on > configuring dbus-lib... and give me an
error. After it called dbus for the fourth time I shut it down.

Curiously when I rebooted my terminal prompt was preceded by "-bash: no
job control in this shell". Oh well, if its fritzed we'll go back to
Windows.

But I'm not giving up yet. I like the suggestion of "sudo port -f
uninstall dbus"
So if the thing isn't totally fritzed I'm going to do that and if it
works, I'll try uninstalling dbus-lib, too. Then I'll try installing
them "sudo port install dbus", followed by another round of "sudo port
upgrade outdated" for all those ports that failed to upgrade because of
the out-of-date version of dbus.

Let's see, should be done by Friday I would think!!!

Bj