Proxy, autoclean

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun Apr 22 21:06:42 PDT 2007

Hi Dimitrijs,

> Can I do selfupdate through proxy?

selfupdate uses rsync to connect to an rsync server, so if your
university proxy allows traffic on port 873, or if you can tunnel
traffic through your proxy by setting up a proxy on your own machine
to do it, then you'll be fine.  Otherwise, I think you'll be pretty
much stuck.

> Do libraries/includes of specific port (ie speex) get deleted if
> autoclean option is on?
> (ie I don't really need binaries, but it's libraries)

All that autoclean does is to delete the working directory in which
the port is built, so if speex builds and installs libraries into $
{prefix}/lib, they'll still be there if you set autoclean.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)