A patch for installing php5 -macosx +apache

js ebgssth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 21:26:37 PDT 2007

Hi Ryan.

> >> What OS are you running? Are you on Mac OS X 10.3.9? Do you have /
> >> usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5?
> >
> > I'm using OS X 10.4.9 and have /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.dylib.
>
> Weird. I wonder why you're seeing this problem, then, and I'm not.
> When configuring php5, I get:
>
> checking for Kerberos support... /usr
> checking for krb5-config... /usr/bin/krb5-config
>
> and also:
>
> checking for IMAP Kerberos support... /usr
>
> I don't have the kerberos5 port installed. Perhaps you already did,
> and it found that instead?

How did you install php5?
I installed php5 wtih

  $ sudo port install php5 -macosx +pear +sqlite +postgresql +mysql5 +apache

I think '-macosx' is culprit.

variant macosx {
        configure.args-append \
                --with-ldap=/usr \
                --with-kerberos=/usr \
                --with-iodbc=/usr
}

I specified '-macosx' because I don't want to use osx-prpvided libs.

> > I think the more options the better and the smaller the better ;)
>
> I disagree with an unqualified "the more options the better." I go to
> the store to buy toothpaste and it takes me ten minutes to try and
> evaluate the hundreds of different kinds available. There's teeth-
> whitening, plaque-fighting, tartar-control, breath-freshening,
> multicare, extra-sensitive, cavity-protecting, gel, paste, striped,
> with baking soda and countless other varieties -- and that's just
> Crest. It's impossible to know how to decide which to get. All I want
> to do is clean my teeth. More options = bad. Fewer options = good.
> More specifically: a few well-selected options are better than a
> whole lot of options.

I should have said
"the more options the better 'as long as the default just works"

All I want to say is
lots of options are strength of ports compared with pre-compiled packages.

> But I think the odds that someone will want to use Tidy or IMAP
> functions with PHP is not sufficiently high to justify their
> inclusion in the default configuration, so I've moved them back to
> variants. From now on, if you want Tidy functions, add +tidy. If you
> want IMAP functions, add +imap.

Thank you. Now it just works!
I appreciate you.