A patch for installing php5 -macosx +apache

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 28 22:10:21 PDT 2007

On Apr 28, 2007, at 23:26, js wrote:

>> > I'm using OS X 10.4.9 and have /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.dylib.
>>
>> Weird. I wonder why you're seeing this problem, then, and I'm not.
>> When configuring php5, I get:
>>
>> checking for Kerberos support... /usr
>> checking for krb5-config... /usr/bin/krb5-config
>>
>> and also:
>>
>> checking for IMAP Kerberos support... /usr
>>
>> I don't have the kerberos5 port installed. Perhaps you already did,
>> and it found that instead?
>
> How did you install php5?
> I installed php5 wtih
>
>  $ sudo port install php5 -macosx +pear +sqlite +postgresql +mysql5
> +apache
>
> I think '-macosx' is culprit.

I agree! I overlooked that earlier. I scanned the line to quickly
before and my brain read something like "-mysql" which didn't make
sense but then I didn't go back and read it again. Bad brain, bad!

> variant macosx {
>        configure.args-append \
>                --with-ldap=/usr \
>                --with-kerberos=/usr \
>                --with-iodbc=/usr
> }
>
> I specified '-macosx' because I don't want to use osx-prpvided libs.

Specifying "-macosx" is ... weird. Variants like macosx and darwin_8
are auto-selected by MacPorts; you should not be selecting (or, as in
your case, unselecting) them by hand.

I haven't touched the macosx variant since taking over the port. I
don't even know what iodbc is. And I know very very little about
kerberos.

Is it just --with-kerberos=/usr you're objecting to here, or the
other two lines as well?

MacPorts philosophy is in general to use its own software, not system-
provided libraries, unless there's a compelling reason. I don't know
what the reason was for using ldap, kerberos and iodbc from the OS
here. If anyone knows, please chime in.