freetype +universal fails to install

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Fri Aug 3 03:26:51 PDT 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 04:21, Bengt Nilsson wrote:

> 3 aug 2007 kl. 04.09 skrev Ryan Schmidt:
>
>> On Aug 2, 2007, at 09:12, Bengt Nilsson wrote:
>>
>>> I have a problem with freetype universal binary variant:

<snip>
> Bengt, I'm sorry, this is greek to me, and I don't have a G5 I can
> test on right now. If you can't find a solution by searching for
> the error message on Google, you may have to ask the developers of
> freetype for assistance. Or maybe someone else here has an idea.
>
> If you need this universal, that means you also have access to an
> Intel Mac. Since it builds universal for me on Intel, maybe you can
> just build it on your Intel Mac. If, on the other hand, you don't
> have an Intel Mac, then you probably don't need to be building
> universal anyway.

I am quite busy at the moment, but at least the OS X 10.4 (Universal)
SDK is needed. It is to be found in Xcode tools, in cross development
section. I'd expect (not having done that) that you can build
universal on PPC as well

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386