package request - tn5250

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Tue Aug 7 12:24:57 PDT 2007

Shawn Protsman <protsman at mac.com> writes:
>Can anyone tell me what the official means is to request a new
>package? We are an iSeries shop and I'd like to use tn5250 ( http://
>tn5250.sourceforge.net/ ) on my Mac. I use it on my SLED workstation
>all the time. tn5250 is in FreeBSD ports so I'd assume it wouldn't be
>too difficult to get it into Macports. Any suggestions?

>When I can get some spare time I'll look into
>creating the port file.

Shaun,

This appears to be a really easy one.  Can you test it?  Drop the attached
Portfile somewhere on your disk, cd to the same directory, and execute
"sudo port install".  Let us know if the app works ok and if so we'll
commit it.  If you'd like to be the port maintainer that'd be great too.

Mark