Install flaked? ports no longer knows what I've already installed?

specialham at gmail.com specialham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 20:30:11 PDT 2007

Hey all... some weirdness going on here. I've had macports installed for
some time, I've installed several packages using it. They are all still
there and working (ie BitchX, wget, etc). Today I went to install lynx
and I got:

[...]
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
/opt/local/bin/c_rehash already exists and does not belong to a
registered port.  Unable to activate port openssl.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: openssl

Now.. openssl has already been installed and is present. It's like ports
has amnesia or some such. When I run port installed it gives me:

   ncurses @5.6_0+darwin_8 (active)
   ncursesw @5.6_0+darwin_8 (active)
   openssl @0.9.8e_0+darwin_8
   readline @5.2.001_0 (active)
   zlib @1.2.3_1

none of my other packages are listed! Where's wget? Where's BitchX?

I re-ran the package installer figuring that I'd lose that info or some
such and just reinstall installed packages so that port would be aware
of them but.. nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

ShaBot