SDL_Perl installing troubles!

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 9 14:04:58 PDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 10:35, Tommaso Urli wrote:

>> libsdl-framework is libsdl in the form of an Apple framework (it goes
>> in /Library/Frameworks/SDL.framework)
>> That's why I talked about a Xcode project: the port is built through
>> Xcode.
>
> Ok, now I'm downloading the Xcode 2 tools, maybe a further
> installation will fix the situation.
>
>> As p5-sdl_perl depends on libsdl-framework, we need to resolve this
>> problem to be able to use SDL perl bindings.
>
> Ok, so this is my problem or a port problem?
> What can I do?

Let me reply to everything at once. I haven't seen N_Ox's emails,
just Tommaso's.

The port complained that you did not have the 10.3.9 SDK. So the
solution is to install the 10.3.9 SDK. This is part of the Xcode
installer. I forget whether it's there by default, but regardless, it
needs to be installed now. Customize the Xcode installation and you
should see it.

You would not have been able to get this far with the MacPorts
installation if you did not already have Xcode installed. Perhaps you
had an older version of Xcode? If so, that is usually a fairly major
problem, so it's a good idea to get 2.4.1 installed now.

Let us know what errors, if any, you still have after upgrading Xcode
and installing the requisite SDK.