SDL_Perl installing troubles!

Tommaso Urli tommaso.urli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:41:01 PDT 2007

> Let me reply to everything at once. I haven't seen N_Ox's emails,
> just Tommaso's.
>
> The port complained that you did not have the 10.3.9 SDK. So the
> solution is to install the 10.3.9 SDK. This is part of the Xcode
> installer. I forget whether it's there by default, but regardless, it
> needs to be installed now. Customize the Xcode installation and you
> should see it.
>
> You would not have been able to get this far with the MacPorts
> installation if you did not already have Xcode installed. Perhaps you
> had an older version of Xcode? If so, that is usually a fairly major
> problem, so it's a good idea to get 2.4.1 installed now.
>
> Let us know what errors, if any, you still have after upgrading Xcode
> and installing the requisite SDK.

Sorry for the late reply, I was out to dinner. :)
I have downloaded and installed Xcode 2, the SDK was included in the
installer, so after the upgrade I managed to install libsdl-framework
just with this command:

sudo port install libsdl-framework

And nothing else.
So, for the people who has the same problem, install Xcode 2 :) (in
the .dmg there is also a directory called  "Packages" with the various
SDK and libraries, so I think it's possible to install them
singularly).

Tommaso