Problems installing Gramps under MacPorts.

David Rowe david.rowe at freeuk.com
Sun Aug 12 06:51:09 PDT 2007

Further to my previous email (11/8/07 21:22 - Problems with Gnucash &
Gramps).

I have noticed that the Gramps portfile has been updated to Gramps
2.2.8, just after my previous message.

I tried selfupgrading MacPorts, cleaning gramps and gnome-doc-utils and
then reattempted 'sudo port install gramps' to see if the new portfile
would work.

Unfortunately, it failed in exactly the same way as before:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
--->  Fetching gnome-doc-utils
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for gnome-doc-utils
--->  Extracting gnome-doc-utils
--->  Configuring gnome-doc-utils
--->  Building gnome-doc-utils with target all
--->  Staging gnome-doc-utils into destroot
Error: violation by /opt/local/man
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: mtree violation!
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: py-gnome libzvt
gnome-session control-center gnome-doc-utils gnome-panel gnome-desktop
gnome-menus libwnck gst-plugins-base gstreamer libgnomekbd metacity
gnome-themes nautilus eel

However, this seems to be exactly the same problem that has arisen with
a number of other ports as a result of the upgrade to port 1.5.10, e.g.
'more mtree violations (Spoke too soon)' from jeff at cjstubbs.org at
11/8/07 20:33 and the cure seems to involve adding
"destroot.violate_mtree yes" at a strategic place in the portfile.
Can I place a polite request for this to be done.

Regards

David Rowe