Problems installing Gramps under MacPorts.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 13 19:10:56 PDT 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 08:51, David Rowe wrote:

> Further to my previous email (11/8/07 21:22 - Problems with Gnucash
> & Gramps).
>
> I have noticed that the Gramps portfile has been updated to Gramps
> 2.2.8, just after my previous message.
>
> I tried selfupgrading MacPorts, cleaning gramps and gnome-doc-utils
> and then reattempted 'sudo port install gramps' to see if the new
> portfile would work.
>
> Unfortunately, it failed in exactly the same way as before:
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> --->  Fetching gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Extracting gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Configuring gnome-doc-utils
> --->  Building gnome-doc-utils with target all
> --->  Staging gnome-doc-utils into destroot
> Error: violation by /opt/local/man
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: mtree violation!
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: py-gnome libzvt
> gnome-session control-center gnome-doc-utils gnome-panel gnome-
> desktop gnome-menus libwnck gst-plugins-base gstreamer libgnomekbd
> metacity gnome-themes nautilus eel
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> However, this seems to be exactly the same problem that has arisen
> with a number of other ports as a result of the upgrade to port
> 1.5.10, e.g. 'more mtree violations (Spoke too soon)' from
> jeff at cjstubbs.org at 11/8/07 20:33 and the cure seems to involve
> adding "destroot.violate_mtree yes" at a strategic place in the
> portfile.
> Can I place a polite request for this to be done.

No, that is not the solution. The error pointed out above is (as far
as I know) exactly the kind of error which the mtree violation check
was designed to point out. In this case, the problem needs to be
fixed, not worked around by disabling the mtree check -- and indeed
it was fixed in r27763. Please "sudo port sync" in a few minutes and
try again.