gtk2 compiling problem

Michael gmichaelt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 12:21:53 PDT 2007

Michael <gmichaelt <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Still wondering about thte gtk2 install, though.

Reference is made to a diff file here:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2006-August/msg00275.html

The errors in the post prompting the reply referenced above appear to be
the same as those I'm seeing in trying to install gtk2, which tries but
fails to cope with a munged gtkprinttbackendcups.c file (presumably),
but the errors in the immediate instance are found on what I'm supposing
are different line numbers. The patch, though, disables the cups
backend. Not necessarily acceptable.

Not having applied a diff patch before, I'm at something of a loss. I do
expect it to get hairy, though.