gtk2 compiling problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 14 16:56:51 PDT 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 07:37, Michael wrote:

> Not the OP, but I'm seeing the same problem. I've got a fully-
> updated 10.3.9 on
> a beige G3 AIO (with a G4 processor upgrade), with 1.510, XCode
> version 1.5, and
> no Fink.
>
> I've wondered whether there might be a problem with a mismatch of
> the installed
> XCode and the version of MacPorts in play here - neither
> http://www.macports.org/ nor
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/
> InstallingMacPorts are
> particularly helpful in sorting out the question of what 10.3.x
> needs/can use. I
> only installed 1.510 (specifically the 10.3 variant) because there
> appeared to
> be nothing to contradict doing so and using an earlier version
> appropriate to
> the installed XCode. I considered installing the X11 SDK from XCode
> 2.4.1,
> perhaps some other parts of it, too, but demurred; why complicate
> matters?
>
> I'm also unclear on the syntax for using variants on the command line;
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/
> UsingMacPortsQuickStart is
> muddy on this subject...

Example:

To install php5 with support for apache2, select the apache2 variant:

$ sudo port install php5 +apache2

To install minivmac with the variant to emulate a Mac SE instead of a
Mac Plus, select the macse variant:

$ sudo port install minivmac +macse

To learn about the variants available for a given port, use the port
variants command:

$ port variants minivmac