dsocks compile error

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Thu Aug 16 22:03:00 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who submitted their output from attempting to
install dsocks on 10.3; it's great to know that there are people
willing to test things out!

Thanks also to John for his solution to the same problem with snort.
On searching after John's post, however, I found what might be a
slightly cleaner solution, namely inserting "#include
<stdint.h>" [1].  I'd just like to check, however, that this
genuinely isn't being included by default on 10.3, so I'd appreciate
it greatly if someone could do the following for me:

1. Unpack the dsocks source tarball into a temporary directory (it
should be in ${prefix}/var/macports/distfiles/dsocks/ if you
installed it through MacPorts);
2. On the command line, change into the source directory from the
unpacked tarball (${blah}/dsocks-1.6);
3. Execute the following command: "gcc -M dsocks.c"; this will
generate a list of file paths; and
4. Report back whether any file paths appear that end in
"stdint.h" (e.g. /usr/include/stdint.h, /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-
darwin8/3.3/include/stdint.h would both be fine).  Alternatively,
just copy the entire output and paste it into your reply.

Thanks once again for everyone's help.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

[1] http://www.snort.org/archive-4-3577.html