Problems with Gnucash & Gramps

David Rowe david.rowe at freeuk.com
Sun Aug 12 02:29:32 PDT 2007

Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Le 07-08-11 à 16:22, David Rowe a écrit :
>
>> I am attempting a clean reinstallation of various Macports
>> applications - i.e. I have renamed /opt/local as /opt/ZZlocal (so I
>> can go back if necessary), I have reinstalled Macports 1.5.1 into
>> MacOS and I am starting from the beginning.
>>
>> The first two applications I attempted both fail to work. They have
>> both worked OK in a previous installation (though I was having
>> trouble updating them).
>>
>> 1) Gnucash apparently installed OK, but when I try to launch it, the
>> X11 log reports:
>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>> dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
>>  Referenced from:
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
>>
>>  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib
>>
>> Trace/BPT trap
>
> Means you have a DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH defined somewhere (I think)
>
> yves

Thanks for the suggestion. I presume you mean DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH may be
defined as an environment variable is my shell. I have just checked and
it is NOT defined.
Also, if I reinstate the old MacPorts installation (by renaming
/opt/ZZlocal), the old Gnucash 2.0.2 runs just fine.

I tried Goolging for  __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart and it looks like this
is a problem that has surfaced with several different applications, and
with Fink as well as MacPorts. The root of the problem is confusion
between the MacOS library in
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib

and the MacPorts library in /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib (an alias for
libjpeg.62.dylib)

What I am not sure is how to fix the problem.

Regards

David Rowe