Error building openmotif

Samuel M. Smith smithsm at samuelsmith.org
Fri Aug 17 07:25:46 PDT 2007

I am a newbie so some of this stuff I am not sure about.
I did a port sync but now I get a new error

sudo port install xpdf
Error: Unable to execute port: can't read "Id": no such variable

if I do a clean --all on xpdf will it also remove all the
dependencies that have already been installed?
When you say hash, do you mean to execute
port checksum openmotif ?
I could not find a hash command in the port man.

On 17 Aug 2007, at 04:39 , Andrea D'Amore wrote:

> Il giorno 17/ago/07, alle ore 06:22, Samuel M. Smith ha scritto:
>
>> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for openmotif-2.3.0.tar.gz
>> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify
>> file checksums
>>
>> I then tried it again
>> port clean --all openmotif
>> and get the same error.
>>
>> Any fix for this
>
> It's an hash mismatch, you could try a "port sync" or simply go to
> distfiles dir, hash the file and put the new hash in "port edit
> openmotif" by yourself

Samuel M. Smith Ph.D.
2966 Fort Hill Road
Eagle Mountain, Utah 84005-4108
801-768-2768 voice
801-768-2769 fax
"The greatest source of failure and unhappiness in the world is
giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment"