php5 port and dba_open()

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 19 20:46:21 PDT 2007

On Aug 19, 2007, at 15:58, AstroDrabb wrote:

> I just setup apache2, mysql5 and php5.  However, I get an error when I
> make a call
> to dba_open().
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function dba_open() in /...
>
> Looking at the output of a call to phpinfo() I see this compile
> option:
> --enable-dba
>
> I looked around for any loadable modules, but did not find any
> modules.  Is this a bug in the php5 build or am I missing something?

I'm one of the maintainers of php5. I agree -- dba_open() is
undefined. ./configure output is interesting...

checking whether to enable DBA... yes
checking for QDBM support... no
checking for GDBM support... no
checking for NDBM support... no
checking for Berkeley DB4 support... no
checking for Berkeley DB3 support... no
checking for Berkeley DB2 support... no
checking for DB1 support... no
checking for DBM support... no
checking for CDB support... no
checking for INI File support... no
checking for FlatFile support... no
checking whether to enable DBA interface... no

So it's enabled... but it isn't. Apparently.

What type of database are you trying to access with dba? It looks
like each possibility must be enabled separately. I'm not sure if
each of these implies bringing in additional dependencies. If it
does, I'm inclined to move dba support to a variant. Comments /
suggestions welcome.