Please suggest a Mac program similar to "top" on Linux

Richard Bronosky BrunosJunk at Bronosky.com
Mon Aug 20 07:36:05 PDT 2007

On Linux you get http://linux.die.net/man/1/top which is interactive.  It's
more of a process manager than a process viewer.  You can launch it once and
then turn columns on and off, change the sort, change the statistic method,
renice processes, kill process, etc. all without having to:
1. Quit top.
2. Check man top to see what the commandline options are for the next view
you want to see.
3. Relaunch top with the new options.
4. Repeat 1-3 until you've figured out what you want to know.

I just heard from one of my friends who is a kernel developer at Yahoo!.  He
tells me that top on FreeBSD can send signals and change sorting too.  I'll
have to look into it.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.