Installing xfig: "Library not loaded"

Hermann Flaschka bhfcomp at cox.net
Mon Aug 20 19:00:18 PDT 2007

Hi,

My problem started with the graphics program "xfig". It would crash every
time
I tried to open a file. So I wanted to reinstall it, and tried to remove all
its
files by hand. I'm sure this was a bad idea, but I didn't know there was an
"uninstall" command.  When I tried to install xfig again, Macports kept
giving error
messages about some file already existing and not belonging to a registered
port. Each time, I removed the file by hand. Finally, I did "sudo port -f
uninstall xfig",
and there was no message at all. Then I reinstalled xfig. That seemed to
work.
To be certain, I did "sudo port -d upgrade xfig" and got "No need to
upgrade!"

 However, when I try to use xfig, I get this message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw3d.7.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/xfig
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Maybe I deleted necessary files while I was messing around? The program
opened OK before I did all this (it just crashed afterwards).
How do I get the missing files installed? (I'm running OS X 10.4.10 on a
MacBook Pro).

Thanks,

Hermann