"no such file or directory" with updated postgis staging into destroot

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Aug 29 14:07:04 PDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Jeff Stubbs wrote:
> Just deleted the above, and everything built fine.
>
> There's no maintainer for postgis,

... but you're interested in it. Would you consider becoming the
maintainer?

> so I'll ask, should these be listed as dependencies of the port?
>
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on libiconv
> Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on openssl
> Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on perl5.8
> Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on zlib

They maybe should be. The trace mode dependency checking isn't always
able to perfectly determine if a dependency is real or not, though,
so it's possible that it's not important.

One thing to do would be to check (perhaps with 'otool -L') and see
if any of the postgis binary files link against one of those
libraries or not.

Another thing to check would be to determine if you can prevent the
build from trying to look for/make use of those libraries (by passing
a --no-ssl flag to configure, for instance).

> Is the below a problem?
>
> DEBUG: Target configure has no traceable dependency on proj

It may or may not be.

> It's listed in the "configure.args" for the portfile, what
> triggered the warning?

Trace mode didn't detect files installed by that port to be used.
That doesn't necessarily mean that it's not a valid dependency (but
it is a good hint).

--
Daniel J. Luke