PostgreSQL portfile outdated

David Zentgraf deceze at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:42:46 PDT 2007

Hi all,

The portfile for PostgreSQL seems to be outdated. Independently of
the fact that MacPorts doesn't offer the 8.x branch of Pg, the 7.x
install sources referenced in the portfile have been moved to a
different URL. They are now available at ftp://ftp-
archives.postgresql.org. As a result the port doesn't build/download
successfully.
How does one go about fixing this? I have used MacPorts a lot, but
this is the first time I came across a defective portfile.

Cheers,
Dav