Ghostscript 8.61

Anthony Michael Agelastos iqgrande at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:30:06 PST 2007

Hello,

I just noticed the following as I updated my installation.

--->  Fetching ghostscript
--->  Attempting to fetch ghostscript-8.61.tar.gz from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ghostscript
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for ghostscript
--->  Extracting ghostscript
--->  Applying patches to ghostscript
--->  Configuring ghostscript
--->  Building ghostscript
--->  Staging ghostscript into destroot
Warning: ghostscript requests to install files outside the common
directory structure!
--->  Deactivating ghostscript 8.60_0
--->  Installing ghostscript 8.61_0

The following files have been renamed (and should be removed):
     /private/etc/cups/pstoraster.convs -> /private/etc/cups/
pstoraster.convs.old
     /usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstopxl -> /usr/libexec/cups/filter/
pstopxl.old
     /usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstoraster -> /usr/libexec/cups/filter/
pstoraster.old
     /usr/share/cups/model/pxlcolor.ppd -> /usr/share/cups/model/
pxlcolor.ppd.old
     /usr/share/cups/model/pxlmono.ppd -> /usr/share/cups/model/
pxlmono.ppd.old

--->  Activating ghostscript 8.61_0
--->  Cleaning ghostscript

This has prompted me to ask a few questions, which I have enumerated
below. Thank you for your assistance in helping me answer these.

1) What files has this port installed outside of the common directory
structure?
2) If I `sudo port uninstall ghostscript`, will it put things back to
how they were prior to this upgrade (will it fix any of the Apple
files/programs/directories that the port modified in 1))?
3) What does the "no_cups" variant do?

Thank you for your help with these.

Regards,

Anthony