slib-guile16 Problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 2 15:41:06 PST 2007

  On Dec 2, 2007, at 17:34, rudye at liquidox.com wrote:

> I'm having the same problem with slib-guile16.  Can you tell me how
> to implement the fix?  It isn't obvious to me.  I tried a "port
> selfupdate" and then "port install slib-guile16", but it doesn't
> look like anything has changed.  Still bombs out.

The rsync server only pulls changes from the subversion server every
30 minutes and the portindex is only rebuilt every 12 hours. If you
wait 12 hours, then "sudo port selfupdate", you should see new
versions of guile16 and slib-guile16 which should fix the issue.

Or, if you need it sooner, you can wait just 30 minutes, and then
install (or, if already installed, forcibly upgrade) these ports.
They'll get the new versions, even if the portindex doesn't yet show
them.

So, if you already have guile16 installed, you could:

sudo port -ncuf upgrade guile16

Then, if you don't have slib-guile16 installed yet, you could:

sudo port install slib-guile16