php5 command line

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 4 23:01:47 PST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007, at 23:49, Michael Thon wrote:

> Greetings - I am running php5 on Mac OS 10.4 Intel.  When I execute
> a php command line script, php prints the contents of the script on
> the terminal rather than executing it.  If I run the script with
> apple's php the script runs fine.  the same script also runs ok on
> a linux box with php 5.1.  Any ideas whats going on?

No, no idea. I use the php command line from the MacPorts php5 port
all the time. Never seen this.

So, just to be clear, what happens if you put the following three-
line script into a file test.php and then run it with both Apple's
and MacPorts's php?

<?php
echo "hello php " . PHP_VERSION . "\n";
?>

Here's what I get:

$ /usr/bin/php test.php
hello php 4.4.7
$ /opt/local/bin/php test.php
hello php 5.2.5

If that's not what you get, then I'd like to see your php.ini.