Building XMMS with OSX Output Plugin

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Wed Dec 5 06:58:39 PST 2007

Hi,

has anyone here a working XMMS installation with the native OSX output
plugin?

ESD output does not work acceptably on my G4 iMac: it already starts
skipping when I just click somewhere in a web browser.

I first used the macports package of xmms and tried to add the OSX
output plugin. The plugin compiles alright, but xmms does not show it in
the configuration dialogue and outputs the following message on the
terminal:

dlopen(/opt/local/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so, 2): Symbol not found:
_osx_about
    Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so
    Expected in: flat namespace

Now I tried to manually install XMMS 1.2.11 (released Nov 16), but here
ALL plugins behaved like libOSX did after my attempt of adding it to the
xmms installation from macports (version 1.2.10).

I don't really understand what the person who created the XMMS port file
did, but I cannot even compile the 1.2.10 release. The port apparently
contains some patches:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/audio/xmms/Portfile

I tried to create a port file for the xmms_osx_plugin (see attachment),
and now I can install it with the port command, but the problem with the
error message  given above still remains.

I would really appreciate helpful comments, or if someone with better
computer skills could even create a working xmms_osx_plugin port!

Regards,

Vlado

P.S.: I had to send this e-mail twice, because my first attempt was
returned with an information identical to the one that Chris Janton
commented on on December 4:

Reporting-MTA: dns; lists.macosforge.org
Arrival-Date: Wed,  5 Dec 2007 06:14:38 -0800 (PST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; macports-users at lists.macosforge.org
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command time limit exceeded:
     "/usr/share/mailman/mail/mailman post macports-users"