PHP5, Apache2, Leopard

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Fri Dec 7 14:29:08 PST 2007

On 2007-12-04 , at 19:16 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> None of the above unfortunately helps your problem, which I cannot
> understand. Apparently you cannot build apache2 on Leopard. You
> should take that up with the maintainer of the apache2 port. Though
> I know it should build on Leopard, because I saw someone do it.

I cleaned out apache2 and php5

	sudo port -f clean --work apache2 php5

I built apache2 and got it started (commenting out the ssl module in
the conf file)

	  apache2 @2.2.6_0 (active)

I built php5

	php5 @5.2.5_1+apache2+macosx+mysql5+pear+sqlite (active)

I included the php5 extra-conf file in the httpd.conf

PHP5 works  - phpinfo() - via browsers. Now it would just appear to
be conf file (and .ini file and others) configuration and testing.

The one "problem" that I currently see is that if I have the bad
taste to do

	sudo apachectl graceful (or whatever)

I wind up running /usr/sbin/apachectl

Just about everything that is in /opt/local/apache2/bin/ is also in /
usr/sbin.

I need to either modify my PATH to include the correct path, or make
all the fine utilities show up in /opt/local/sbin

Don't know which is the "best" way to do it. If I have to modify the
PATH for apache2 that's OK, but that isn't what I expect to need to
do with any of the other ports.

8)