GnuCash and guile

Marc André Selig mas at macports.org
Mon Dec 10 23:20:08 PST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 4:47 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> Ugh. The guile16 port deliberately installs things with the version
> suffix appended so that guile and guile16 can be installed
> simultaneously. Making symlinks as you've described completely
> contradicts that goal.

Which was introduced (badly and incompletely) in
http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/changeset/30860, which just
does not work.  I doubt if that commit was even tested against the
guile16 dependents (i.e., GnuCash).

If you want to make guile 1.8 and guile 1.6 live with each other, at
least make sure that it is a working solution.

The current situation, introduced by that patch above, just breaks the
guile16 dependents. :-(

Regards,
Marc