GnuCash and guile

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 03:47:59 PST 2007

I gather people are already aware of the brokenness, but for
completeness, here's what I get when I try to install gnucash after
uninstalling the guile package....

doug-spauldings-imac:~ dougspaulding$ sudo port selfupdate
Password:
MacPorts base version 1.520 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.520
The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
selfupdate done!
doug-spauldings-imac:~ dougspaulding$ sudo port -vf install gnucash
--->  Configuring gnucash
checking whether guile works... no
configure: WARNING: Can not find Guile on this system
checking for guile... no
checking for guile - 1.6.0 <= version < 99.99.99... no:
configure: WARNING: guile version check failed
configure: error:

  guile does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not in the
  correct version range.  Perhaps you have not installed the guile
  development packages?  Gnucash requires at least version 1.6 to build.

Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnucash/work/gnucash-2.2.1"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-glibtest --disable-debug
--disable-profile --disable-dependency-tracking --enable-hbci
--enable-ofx " returned error 1
Command output: checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking wctype.h usability... yes
checking wctype.h presence... yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking for dlsym... yes
checking for dlerror... yes
checking for darwin... yes, moving on...
checking for qt_null in -lqthreads... no
checking for qt_null in -lqt... no
checking for main in -ltermcap... yes
checking for main in -lreadline... yes
checking for guile-config... no
checking for build-guile... (cached) no
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for main in -lrx... no
checking for qt_null in -lqt... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for t_accept in -lnsl... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking whether guile works... no
configure: WARNING: Can not find Guile on this system
checking for guile... no
checking for guile - 1.6.0 <= version < 99.99.99... no:
configure: WARNING: guile version check failed
configure: error:

  guile does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not in the
  correct version range.  Perhaps you have not installed the guile
  development packages?  Gnucash requires at least version 1.6 to build.

Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnucash):
org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build
org.macports.destroot org.macports.install

Glad to know it's not just me,
Todd