PerlMagick build on a PPC G5 mac os X 10.4

Constant Dupuis constant at reporters.be
Wed Dec 12 08:46:11 PST 2007

Hi,

I try to build the PerlMagick package (Image::Magick).

I try using CPAN and fink nothing works.

SO now I try with macports. ImageMagick is installed (with macports)
and working.

When if I try to build the PerlMagick module I'm told that /opt/local/
bin/perl is not found.

I try to use the configure.perl statement to force port tu use the
install perl interpreter  already installed on my machine.

Is it possible ?

If I install the macport Perl interpreter won't it clash with the Mac
OS X perl ?

Any clue ?

Thanks !

Constant