PerlMagick build on a PPC G5 mac os X 10.4

Eric Hall opendarwin.org at darkart.com
Thu Dec 13 10:08:23 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 05:11:59PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2007, at 10:46, Constant Dupuis wrote:
>
> >I try to build the PerlMagick package (Image::Magick).
> >
> >I try using CPAN and fink nothing works.
> >
> >SO now I try with macports. ImageMagick is installed (with
> >macports) and working.

	Try installing ImageMagick with the 'perl' variant, I've
found that to be more sucessfull than p5-perlmagick.  You can
do that by uninstalling ImageMagick and then:

	sudo port install ImageMagick +perl

	You may want some of the other variants as well,
you can see what they are with:

	port variants ImageMagick

		-eric