sudo port -Rdu upgrade installed (Automated)

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 14:43:59 PST 2007

On 12/15/07, Charlse Darwin <macports.users at gmail.com> wrote:

> Need a launchd daemon to automate the upgrade process. I've the
> following but for some reason it's stopped working. Also I would like
> it to right the results into a log file.

I don't know about anyone else, but unattended port upgrades may not always
work as intended. A halfway measure I use is to put a "port sync && port
outdated" sequence in cron and mail the results: that way I can see if
anything needs doing and plan when to do it.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>