darwinbuild

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 15 16:09:05 PST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007, at 13:25, Charlse Darwin wrote:

> Why isn't darwinbuild available as a port?

I for one hadn't heard of darwinbuild before.

Ports are added to MacPorts as people request them, or more
importantly, as people write them. If you'd like a port for
darwinbuild, you can file a port request ticket in Trac, but the best
way to get the port added is to write it yourself and attach it to
the ticket.

> and if I run
> svn co http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/darwinbuild/trunk
> darwinbuild
>
> how do I go about building and running darwinbuild itself on my
> machine?

Well now that's the first thing you'd have to figure out before you
can make a port. You should probably consult the documentation that
comes with darwinbuild, or if none does, ask their mailing list or
their developers.