ion3 window manager no longer available

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Mon Dec 17 15:06:59 PST 2007

On 2007-12-17 19:04:17 +0100, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 12:22:20PM -0500, William Davis wrote:
> > Because using the name ion3 in any form would be a license violation.
>
> ok, got it. but the debian solution (some other arbitrary name) would
> work. so why can't you just include this (the renaming of the
> executable) into the patch procedure.

The package name also needs to be changed, and perhaps other filenames
(e.g. the man page if there's one...). I think that for firefox, all
this can be done automatically via a configure option. The author of
ion3 should provide something similar.

BTW, if the e-mail address for bug reports is somewhere in the doc
files, it should probably be changed too. :)

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>