gtkglext build failure

Mike mbthorn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:57:26 PST 2007

While using macports to install gtkglext on Leopard I ran into this
error:

checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking for glVertex3d in -lGLcore... no
checking for glVertex3d in -lGL... no
checking for glVertex3f in -lGL... no
checking for glVertex3i in -lGL... no
checking for glVertex3s in -lGL... no
checking for glVertex3d in -lMesaGL... no
configure: error: Cannot find GL library

Error: Status 1 encountered during processing

Looking at the config.log file I have found that it is failing due to
this bug:

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2007/qa1567.html

Then reading the gtkglext manual I tried to run the configure script
with the flag:
--with-gl-libdir=/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/
A/Libraries

This enabled the installation to work.  I have filled out a bug report
on macosforge in the macports section as well.

While all this is fine and good, I can still not get macports to know
I installed gtkglext so it tries and fails.  My question is two-fold.
First is there a way for me to pass the flag above to macports during
the installation of gtkglext?  Does anyone want to give fixing this
port a stab?  I have tried, but haven't been able to figure it out so
far.  I will keep trying, but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks a lot,
-mike