grads fails because gcc40 fails ?

Markus Weissmann mww at macports.org
Thu Dec 20 15:09:52 PST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 9:07 PM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:

> On 20 déc. 07, at 20:20, Barry McInnes wrote:
>
>> gcc42 installs for me, but gcc40 does not. Is there a way to force
>> the
>> build of stellarium and others, to use gcc42 instead of the default
>> gcc40 ?
>>>

> gcc_select ?

Nah, this won't have an effect on most ports (which doesn't mean it's
a good idea to use it).
In a perfect world (tm), the port will react to:
`port install foo configure.compiler=FOO'
where FOO might be something like "gcc-4.0" (default on 10.4 and
10.5), "gcc-3.3", "macports-gcc-4.2", etc.
See [1] for all available options. (and of course even if this
succeeds, it's still a bug)

Regards,

-Markus

PS: Does stellarium really require the gcc 4.0 from MacPorts?

[1] http://guide.macports.org/#reference.phases.configure

--
Dipl. Inf. (FH) Markus W. Weissmann
http://www.macports.org/