grads fails because gcc40 fails ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 21 00:29:54 PST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 17:09, Markus Weissmann wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2007, at 9:07 PM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>
>> On 20 déc. 07, at 20:20, Barry McInnes wrote:
>>
>>> gcc42 installs for me, but gcc40 does not. Is there a way to
>>> force the
>>> build of stellarium and others, to use gcc42 instead of the
>>> default gcc40 ?
>>
>> gcc_select ?
>
> Nah, this won't have an effect on most ports (which doesn't mean
> it's a good idea to use it).
> In a perfect world (tm), the port will react to:
> `port install foo configure.compiler=FOO'
> where FOO might be something like "gcc-4.0" (default on 10.4 and
> 10.5), "gcc-3.3", "macports-gcc-4.2", etc.
> See [1] for all available options. (and of course even if this
> succeeds, it's still a bug)

In a perfect world, ports would be updated to no longer depend on the
gcc40 port, and instead depend on the gcc42 port, if appropriate.

> PS: Does stellarium really require the gcc 4.0 from MacPorts?

The stellarium port does not depend on any gcc port. On first glance,
there does not appear to be any gcc port anywhere in the dependency
tree of stellarium (unless it occurs via a variant).