(no subject)

John Korchok jkorchok at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 23 18:43:56 PST 2007

>>> Try manually visiting the Oracle Instant Client web site,
>>> downloading the two zip files, and placing them in
>>> /opt/local/var/macports/ distfiles/oracle-instantclient. Then
>>> try "port install" again.
>>
>> The zip files had already been downloaded to that directory, but I
>> manually
>> downloaded them again and got the same result.
>

> Well their web site isn't letting me have the files at all right now
> (is making me log in to the Oracle Technology Network, which I don't
> have an account for). So I can't check right now if they've gone and
> silently upgraded the packages without renaming them. Which they
> could certainly have done.
>
> If I ask MacPorts to download the files with a simple "sudo port
> clean --all oracle-instantclient" and "sudo port checksum oracle-
> instantclient", the files it gets are on the order of 4K large and
> are obviously the wrong files (they are HTML documents in fact) and
> so the checksums don't match.
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 4106 Dec 23 17:54 instantclient-basic-
> macosx-10.1.0.3.zip
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 4100 Dec 23 17:54 instantclient-sdk-
> macosx-10.1.0.3.zip
>
> Basically, Oracle's server is being very stupid and they need to fix
> it so that files can be downloaded from it normally.
>
> The correct files are these:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 32395622 Dec 7 05:47 instantclient-basic-
> macosx-10.1.0.3.zip
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 293913 Dec 7 05:47 instantclient-sdk-
> macosx-10.1.0.3.zip
>
> What are the sizes and checksums of the files you have?
>
> You could also transfer the correct zip files that are on the first
> machine you installed on to the second machine.

It looks like it was actually an access problem, probably caused by the need to agree to the user terms before downloading. As you found, zip files were created in the distfiles/oracle-instantclient directory, but they didn't have the correct content. After I deleted them and manually downloaded the files again, installation proceeded correctly. Thanks for the help!