MacPorts 1.6 still supports OS X 10.3 Panther?

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sat Dec 29 04:16:04 PST 2007

On Sat, December 29, 2007 3:40 am, Chris Janton wrote:
> On 2007-12-19 , at 21:05 , Boey Maun Suang wrote:
>
> The error with the missing sqllite include file is still occurring.
>
> Did a fix get created for using MacPorts 1.6 on Panther?
>
> Command output: registry.c:305: error: `errPtr' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> registry.c:306: error: request for member `status' in something not a
> structure or union
> registry.c: At top level:
> registry.c:321: error: parse error before '*' token

We have a fix for this, but when I applied it and built MacPorts on my
Panther test box, I got runtime errors on several of port's subcommands.
I'm sorry that we haven't been clearer about this (Juan, do you think it's
time we put something on the main website to explain the status of 1.6 and
Panther?)

Unfortunately, we don't seem to have too many people with Panther boxes
who are able to help us test on that platform.  If you, or indeed anybody
else, would like to help me and see if they can reproduce the runtime
error I describe, we'll be happy to post how to do so.  (Sorry to drop
this on you, Juan, but I'll be away until 1 January, so if there are
people interested and you'd like to post those instructions before then,
I'd appreciate it greatly if you could do it for me.)

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang