Leopard status

Rob MacLeod macleod at cvrti.utah.edu
Sat Dec 29 06:28:53 PST 2007

Hi,

OK, I found the Leopard patch, managed to install the patch
(instructions on this process could use some expansion and updating),
and the build seemed to work:

[airfriday:~]$ sudo port -v install emacs
--->  Installing emacs 22.1_1
--->  Activating emacs 22.1_1
--->  Cleaning emacs
--->  Removing build directory for emacs

However, the emacs binary did not end up in the /opt/local/bin, even
though it does exist in
/opt/local/var/macports/software/emacs/22.1_1/usr/local/bin

Is there some final magic I need to do in order to get things in their
rightful place.  Obviously, I can copy manually but I assumed the
install script should take care of this sort of detail?

On another note, if there has been a patch available for emacs for a
month now, why is it not part of the current install? I mean, why
should it still be necessary to apply the patch this long after it is
in place?

Thanks,

Rob