why do I have to install xfree86 ?

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Thu Feb 1 08:27:14 PST 2007

Isn't /usr/X11R6/lib in port's library search path? That means the
gtk2 dependency on XFree86 should be resolved from Apple's X11
(because the dependency is a library dependency on libX11.6, which
Apple's X11 provides).

Incidentally, I just checked and I have gtk2 installed, but not XFree86.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
eridius at macports.org