Limiting the size of /opt/local/var/db/dports/software

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Thu Feb 1 13:49:52 PST 2007

sudo port -f uninstall inactive

To prevent having inactive versions of ports in the future, pass the -
u switch when upgrading. This will force it to uninstall the old
version before activating the new (remember to pass -f as well, or it
may fail at the uninstalling of the old version due to dependencies;
I believe you need -n as well at this point, or the -f will make it
try and upgrade all dependencies whether or not they need it)

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
eridius at macports.org