recommended "dependencies?"

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Feb 8 12:25:33 PST 2007

On Feb 8, 2007, at 2:47 PM, Mike Roberts wrote:
> is there a way to specify recommended ports? for example, say i'm
> maintaining the lyx port. the latex2rtf port and a dvi previewer are
> useful for certain lyx features to work but are technically
> unnecessary
> for minimal lyx functionality.

do they need to be there at build time, or will lyx just use them if
they appear in the future?

In the first case, you could add a variant that adds dependencies on
the other ports. In the second case, you could use a 'ui_message' to
let users know that additional functionality is available if they
install the other ports themselves.

I'm sure others will have other ideas too. The 'best' solution
probably depends on the specific of the lyx port and the other ports
it can make use of.

--
Daniel J. Luke