Confused about the PHP5 Installation Process

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Feb 11 19:40:49 PST 2007

On Feb 10, 2007, at 23:07, Mark Duling wrote:

> "Conrad Taylor" on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 4:30 AM -0800 wrote:
>> Hi, thanks for the information.  Is there a way to automate this
>> within MacPorts because I'm guessing that I will have to perform
>> these
>> steps the next time I perform an update of this port?

The steps only need to be performed once the first time you install
PHP, and not on subsequent upgrades. This is why I haven't fixed the
ui_msgs yet: because I initially installed php5 a loooong time ago
and have forgotten what I did to get it up and running. Would someone
like to submit a patch to the ui_msgs in the php5 port to correct the
instructions?