Interactive applications to be installed to /Applications/MacPorts?

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Wed Feb 14 03:20:14 PST 2007

Installed ports should not change their installation location unless
they are upgraded.

When I did the /Applications/DarwinPorts -> /Applications/MacPorts I
did not flag any port as revised since I did not see this as a
substantive change and thought that already installed ports should be
left where they were and that upgraded or newly installed ports
should go into the new location.

So the original behavior of python24 going into /Applications/
DarwinPorts was correct as was the behavior of Abiword going into /
Applications/MacPorts. It was also correct that you should not have
seen python24 move into MacPorts unless you forced a rebuild as you did.