Digging myself a gnucash hole after upgrading other ports

Kurt L e1-gdk6-q7sq-k8yr at emailias.com
Wed Feb 14 21:27:00 PST 2007

Hello,

I had a more-or-less working copy of gnucash 2.0.4, and then decided to
upgrade a fairly substantial list of outdated ports.  Port chugged along
for a couple of hours, and eventually all of the outdated ports were
upgraded.  However, when I tried running gnucash again afterwards I got
this kind of error message in the xterm window:

Computer$ gnucash
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libgoffice-1.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/gnucash-bin
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
Computer$

I reasoned that gnucash had been built with a dependency on an outdated
library, so thought that perhaps forcing gnucash to build as though it
were an upgrade would get it to notice the current libraries and
eliminate this problem... so I entered

% sudo port -f -n gnucash

Well, the upgrade failed spectacularly, with a lengthy list of modules.
I think that this is the nub of it here:

Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
"/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_gnome_gnucash/work/gnucash-2.0.4"
&& make all" returned error 2
 This was followed by some pretty indecipherable module linking lists,
 etc.

Any ideas on where to proceed from here?  It feels like I'm just digging
a hole deeper and deeper... should I try an uninstall gnucash, and then
install gnucash? Suggestions welcome.

Kurt L.