hang at gnupg configuration

ransom at fastmail.fm ransom at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 15 14:11:40 PST 2007

Hello to all.

I have the latest version of MacPorts (base version 1.320) and am
running 10.4.8 on an iMac G5.

I am trying to install duplicity using MacPorts and have run into a
problem with the installation of gnupg (which duplicity requires).
Namely, it hangs during configuration. In the Activity Monitor, I can
see that tar is using about half the CPU. This looks very similar to
bug #10227 <http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/10227>,
but the gnupg portfile I have seems to have been updated as suggested
there, and I am at a loss. Like j_chan+dp at ieee.org from that thread, I
have found that manually executing cd and configure works. However,
despite my having done so, when the gnupg configuration is concluded
and I reattempt to install duplicity, I get the same hang-up as before,
at "Configuring gnupg".

I've googled, and searched through the archives for this list through
September, but found nothing. Can anyone help?

Phil